Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Zoya - Adina

I had hoped to get several swatches done on my days off, but that just didn't happen. Once I put Adina on I didn't want to take it off. Maybe Saturday night I'll take it off and put on something new. Maybe.

I finally was able to pick up my first Zoya nail polishes. I chose Cynthia and Adina. I actually wore Cynthia already, but I was never able to get any decent shots of it. Our weather here has been nothing but overcast and cloudy for the last two weeks.


That makes it really hard to get good pictures. I resorted to using my Ott Lamp inside. The below pictures are better than the past ones that I have done. They aren't really good yet, but they are getting better. Know what changed that? I finally read my manual. Amazing how much one can learn from reading the manual!





Macro shot of the bottle. Love the brilliant green shimmer you can see.

The green showing through

The lovely dark lilac purple true color


More of the green showing.


I loved this polish, but I did have a bit of a problem with application. The stroke marks are pretty obvious. They aren't too bad, but I can see them. And that makes for a sad nail chickie. The coverage was also a bit thin. It took three coats to reach full opacity and keep me from showing any bare spots.


Visible brush marks


Visible brush marks




Name: Adina
Manufacturer: Zoya
Color: Light Purple/Green Duochrome

Application: Base - Essie Grow Stronger
                   Color - 3 Coats Adina
                   Top - Seche Vite

Overall: 4/5
     The color on this is just stunning. And the shift from purple to green is great. I would have given it full marks if the coverage and application had been better.


What is your favorite duo/multichrome color?


1 comment: