Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Revlon Royal


 I got my Zoya buy 3 get 3 free in the mail the other day and I planned on swatching them. However, I also picked up Revlon Royal that same day and it sat there on my table screaming at me. It was begging me to put it on. And so I did. I topped it with some stamping done with Sally Hansen Celeb City. I had originally planned to just stamp accent nails on each hand. Planned. Originally. But, I oopsied and stamped the wrong nail on my second hand. That's what happens when you try to stamp and watch TV at the same time. So, I just went ahead and stamped the whole thing.

I really liked the formula on Royal. This blue is just gorgeous! I had to use three coats to get even coverage though. I tried it with two, but there were a few spots that just looked a bit thin. It looked great after that third coat.

This is only my second time doing stamping. I think it came out alright. I know I messed up in a couple of places, but overall I think that it looks nice.









 Also, I'm running a little giveaway to welcome myself back to the big bad world of blogging. I'm giving away Revlon Whimsical, Sinful Colors Cinderella, and Hard Candy Beetle. You can check that out here.








3 comments:

  1. Royal is such a pretty blue, I almost bought it for the hundredth time today but passed yet again. I like your stamping with Celeb City, it gives it an antique foil like look (if that makes sense), rather than a plain stamp look if you used a cream to stamp. Plus it hides mistakes better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My stamping skills are definitely a work in progress. :) But I love working to improve them.

      Delete
  2. I like it. I have revlon royal and never wear it.. I wonder why..LOL time to revisit.

    ReplyDelete