Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Swatch Essie - Go Overboard

I picked up Essie Go Overboard at my local Walgreen's a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a night where I could swatch it up and show it off. All photos were taken under my Ott Lamp. Since I work nights and sleep days, it is super hard for this vampire to ever see the sun. I think the Ott Lamp does a good job of showing off the true color though.

This swatch is a base of Essie Grow Stronger and 2 coats of Go Overboard. I probably could have gotten away with just one coat if I had been a bit more careful of my painting. I probably would have still done a second coat anyway. I find it hard to put less that three coats of polish on, and two is cutting it a bit fine for me. I'm not wearing any top coat in these photos. Just look at the gorgeous shine on there. 

Essie describes Go Overboard as a "limitless sea blue". I definitely put it in the darker teal category.









I know I could have been a lot neater in my application and should have probably cleaned up a bit. However, I was in a hurry and I didn't think it looked too bad. Until I saw the photos. I promise to try and do better on my next group swatch.

The application on Go Overboard was spectacular! It covered in almost one coat and probably would have had I used a slightly thicker coat. The brush worked really well and I was able to control it quite easily. The polish you see on my cuticles is from human error, not the brush.

Overall, I love this polish! I can't think of anything bad to say about it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment